Instagram is one of my favorite social media platforms. I love it especially due to the concept of the visual being in focus. I may not have a lot of followers (you’re welcome to FOLLOW me!) but I’m a highly visual being. I’m not afraid to admit – even though I feel like it’s kind of taboo – that I take a great pride in having a beautiful Instagram, and that it actually does matter for me if a picture is liked or not. So yearh.. For me it’s important that my Instagram profile always look good, and therefore I’ve gathered a few tips to make your Instagram look its best (if it doesn’t already do so of course!)
- Deside your style – find out with yourself what your style is. Is it minimalistic and simple or colorful and bold?
- Use the same filters – It doesn’t really matter what kind of filters you use, the most important thing is to always use the same filter.
- Make space – A little space in every picture can do wonders! With space I mean the “empty room” in your picture, framing the actual motive.
- Keep with it – once you’ve decided which style you want your Instagram to have, it’s important to be consistent with this style
What do I do?
I found that I like to keep my style light and simple. Therefore I want my pictures to look quite natural, but with a ‘clean touch’. I always use the “Ludwig” filter since it makes the contrast in my pictures really ‘pop out’ and brighten up the whites. I like to keep my pictures square and with a little bit more space between each picture. Even though I might like another crop or filter for a photo, I always keep with my style; either I crop and edit the picture the same way as I did with the others, or I don’t post it – simple as that.
When editing my pictures I begin in the VSCO cam app which I actually only use for cropping the picture into a square (you could use any app for this, I don’t know why I only use VSCO Cam for something as simple as this, but it works). Then I use the Instashot app to create a white “frame” on my picture, I “zoom” the picture out to -3. This is for the space between my pictures in my Instagram feed. At last I use Instagram itself to finish up the picture with the “Ludwig” filter and some color corrections.
There are many great apps to improve your Instagram. Apps both for photo-editing-, tagging- and posting your pictures. I’ve gathered a few of my favorites.
- VSCO Cam // Great for editing pictures outside of Instagram, contains a lot of lovely filters
- Top Tags & TagsForLikes // If you’re too lazy to tag your pictures yourself, Top Tags / TagsForLikes got it for you
- Later // Having an updated Instagram feed takes time, Later is a great app for making scheduled posts
- Instashot // Instashot can be used to crop, edit and resize pictures and videos, it’s a great app if you want to make a subtle frame around your pictures
- @carolinenehring & @anthonybogdan
..Remember that Instagram isn’t everything, do what you wanna do with your Instagram, have fun!
What are your Instagram account?