Lists

7 truths about being a blogger

14. May 2016
DSC_0075s

I love being a blogger. I love writing and I love shooting pictures. Life as a blogger is wonderful, but it isn’t always as easy as it might seem. Today I’ve gathered 7 truths about being a blogger, enjoy!

1. It’s hard work – It might look easy, but in reality it’s hard work and very time-consuming! Writing the text, shooting the pictures and getting the ideas takes time. For me it involves a lot of planning..

2. Bloggers cheat – Often the posts are written a couple of days beforehand. Sometimes several outfit posts are made in one day – it’s about taking advantage of the time you’ve got

3. It’s quite technical – As a blogger who wants to be able to customize your own blog-design, you’ll need to learn at least the basics of CSS and HTML-coding (but fear not, google is your friend!)

4. There’s a lot of sleepless nights – 8 hours of sleep is a rare phenomenon when juggling both school, work and blogging. Often writing a post can keep me up late into the night

5. It takes courage – Especially the picture-shooting part of the blogging life! I often find myself posing in front of a random house wall all by myself with my camera pointing right at me and a shutter releaser in my hand (the struggle of having no one to shoot my pictures) – you can’t avoid neither interested-, puzzled- or judgmental looks from strangers passing by.

6. It isn’t as glamorous as it might seem – The Instagram pictures are on-the-point and the Snapchat story looks quite nice, but standing on the top of a chair pointing down on your food with your camera in an attempt to capture the perfect food-picture isn’t at all glamorous, neither are shooting outfit pictures in December when the wind is biting cold..

7. It changes you – If you wasn’t a perfectionist before you certainly will be .. at least when it comes to your blog. Spotting the best locations for outfit pictures and always thinking in headlines for a new blog post is just some of the work damages you’ll get.

Are you a blogger? And if so, what are your blogger “truths”?

as

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

• Reply Anne Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 08:45 AM

These ‘truths’ are so on point! I could not agree more. Also, how weird can we look when we try to capture the best photos possible? I mean, sometimes I kneel or crouch down low just to get a great angle. LOL.

annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin’ | Instagram

• Reply Nivikka Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 08:49 AM

Haha, yesss exactly!

• Reply Monique | WritingMonique Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 03:59 PM

Loved this post! I sure do cheat with the time I have 🙂
    WritingMonique

• Reply Nivikka Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 06:12 PM

I’m glad you love it! Yes, cheating is almost an inevitable part of being a blogger!

• Reply Nikki Lund Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 05:07 PM

SÅ sandt! Virkelig! Jeg blogger også for det meste flere dage i forvejen, fordi jeg ellers ikke kan finde tiden til at blogge regelmæssigt, når man både gerne vil nyde det gode vejr, arbejder og gerne vil være social eller bare slappe af 🙂
    Hav en dejlig aften!
    Kram,

• Reply Nivikka Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 06:18 PM

Hahha, ja, det er ikke altid nemt at være blogger når man også vil så meget andet 🙂

• Reply May Cho Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 05:51 PM

Number 7, though!! I can’t quite decide whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing yet, but it’s certainly a true thing. I find that a lot of people underestimate the amount of time and effort it takes to actually blog regularly, so that’s where most of your other facts come in. Love this one, Nivikka! x

MAY | http://WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

• Reply Nivikka Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 06:20 PM

I 100% agree!

• Reply Lorna Monday May 16th, 2016 at 03:48 AM

I did a similar type of post about the pros and cons to being a UK fashion blogger which outlined some truths about blogging. I agree with you on the posts not being always on that day, I schedule mine in advance and do my outfit shoots sometimes up to 2 weeks in advance as it can take a long time to edit them. Google is also a tough one, it is out friend, but at the same time if you don’t do something right, it can also be the enemy lol.

Raindrops of Sapphire

• Reply Nivikka Monday May 16th, 2016 at 05:04 AM

Haha, I know exactly how you feel about Google! The amount of time I’ve spent fixing something I did wrong from some random guide I just found :’)

• Reply Signe Altofte / SIAL Saturday May 21st, 2016 at 06:13 PM

Du har fuldstændig ret, i alle 7. Indlæg bliver også tit skrevet dage i forvejen, og sent om aftenen i weekenderne. Og bag ethvert perfekt billede gemmer der sig 10 uperfekte:)

• Reply Nivikka Saturday May 21st, 2016 at 08:38 PM

Haha, og du har sørme også ret, alle de ubrugelig billeder jeg har på min computer :’)

• Reply Mavis Wednesday June 8th, 2016 at 02:01 PM