I love being a blogger. I love writing and I love shooting pictures. Life as a blogger is wonderful, but it isn’t always as easy as it might seem. Today I’ve gathered 7 truths about being a blogger, enjoy!
1. It’s hard work – It might look easy, but in reality it’s hard work and very time-consuming! Writing the text, shooting the pictures and getting the ideas takes time. For me it involves a lot of planning..
2. Bloggers cheat – Often the posts are written a couple of days beforehand. Sometimes several outfit posts are made in one day – it’s about taking advantage of the time you’ve got
3. It’s quite technical – As a blogger who wants to be able to customize your own blog-design, you’ll need to learn at least the basics of CSS and HTML-coding (but fear not, google is your friend!)
4. There’s a lot of sleepless nights – 8 hours of sleep is a rare phenomenon when juggling both school, work and blogging. Often writing a post can keep me up late into the night
5. It takes courage – Especially the picture-shooting part of the blogging life! I often find myself posing in front of a random house wall all by myself with my camera pointing right at me and a shutter releaser in my hand (the struggle of having no one to shoot my pictures) – you can’t avoid neither interested-, puzzled- or judgmental looks from strangers passing by.
6. It isn’t as glamorous as it might seem – The Instagram pictures are on-the-point and the Snapchat story looks quite nice, but standing on the top of a chair pointing down on your food with your camera in an attempt to capture the perfect food-picture isn’t at all glamorous, neither are shooting outfit pictures in December when the wind is biting cold..
7. It changes you – If you wasn’t a perfectionist before you certainly will be .. at least when it comes to your blog. Spotting the best locations for outfit pictures and always thinking in headlines for a new blog post is just some of the work damages you’ll get.
Are you a blogger? And if so, what are your blogger “truths”?