Fashion

Wonderfully Yellow

5. January 2016
DSC_0026s

SHIRT (similar, similar) | JEANS (here) | SHOES (similar)

Saturday I decided to take a stroll around Copenhagen trying to pass a bit of time since I’d just dropped m of in the airport and didn’t really feel like going home.
I had hidden myself away in several layers of clothes. Still it wasn’t enough to keep the chilly wind from sneaking into the leaks of my winter-armor only to kiss the spots of my bare skin which I haven’t managed to properly cover. I decided to escape the cold by hiding in the nearest H&M store when I discovered this lovely shirt hanging in the back. It was the last one they had in that wonderfully yellow color and luckily it was my size too.

I love gray, black and white tones; they suit literally anything in your closet, they’re easy and they’re safe, but they can also be somewhat boring. I’ve noticed that my closet is filled with tones like these, I just can’t live without them.
When that’s said I’ve been a bit envious on people wearing all sorts of bright and bold colors. I think that colorful clothes highlights one’s personality and gives people a certain ‘spark’ – deep red sweaters and delicate pink shirts dancing through the crowd of blacks and grays simply just stands out.
I’m not a huge
believer in new years resolutions,  I never actually succeed with these resolutions anyway which is why I’m hesitating to call the following a ‘new years resolution’, however, I’ve promised myself to incorporate more colors in my style this year – and I’m planning on keeping that promise! I’ve already purchased myself a rusty red blouse and a deep orange crop top, so I guess you can say that I’m getting there. I’m definitely looking forward to sharing some pictures, if you’re interested?

Colors takes courage though and the courage has to come from within, but don’t worry! I’ve also noticed how colors can actually give you a little bit of a confidence boost and maybe make you a bit happier, I think it’s something psychological.. Anyway, you get a lot of compliments on the way and that’s always nice (:

Do you have a lot of colors in your closet? What are your number one new years resolution?

DSC_0055s-horzsDSC_0034s

as

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply Aarhuspigen Wednesday January 6th, 2016 at 01:21 PM

Virkelig flotte billeder af dig! Den gule farve klæder dig 🙂
    / http://www.metowefashion.bloggersdelight.dk

• Reply Nivikka Wednesday January 6th, 2016 at 01:27 PM

Tusind tak for de søde ord! ❤

• Reply Emma Kirstine Wednesday January 6th, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Så lækkert outfit! Elsker din location til dine outfit-posts 🙂

• Reply Nivikka Wednesday January 6th, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Årh tusind tak! Haha, de er faktisk bare liiige ude foran mit værelsesvindue – har fundet ud af, at lyset er super godt der 😀

• Reply Camilla Wednesday January 6th, 2016 at 11:37 PM

Hvor er det en fin bluse – den klæder dig! :*

• Reply Nivikka Thursday January 7th, 2016 at 07:08 AM

Tudind tak! <3

• Reply Stine // KISS KISS BANG BANG Thursday January 7th, 2016 at 04:54 PM

Eeej en skøn farve til dig – den klær dig virkelig 🙂 <3

• Reply Nivikka Sunday January 10th, 2016 at 07:39 PM

Mange tak <3

• Reply Celia Monday January 11th, 2016 at 08:59 PM

Hvor ser du dejlig ud i gul! Den farve klæder dig virkelig. 🙂

Jeg er også super dårlig til at gå i farver – har dog en meget rød silkeskjorte, som jeg elsker at have på. 😀 Jeg vil også vildt gerne begynde at gå mere i farver.

Dejlig blog du har ! <3

Celia

• Reply Nivikka Monday January 11th, 2016 at 09:05 PM

Sikke nogle søde ord, tusind tak! Ja, det der med farver, det er noget man lige skal øve sig på, men man lærer det vel nok med tiden – Jeg har faktisk længe cravet noget rødt, men har endnu ikke taget “springet” og købt noget. Det lyder som en lækker skjorte, er sikker på, at den klæder dig super godt!

• Reply Alba Saturday May 14th, 2016 at 10:53 PM

love your pics!

hi from: http://www.romboblog.com/

• Reply Nivikka Sunday May 15th, 2016 at 08:08 AM

Thank you!

• Reply Rust – Hopeless Wanderer Sunday May 15th, 2016 at 01:44 PM

[…] this crop top, along with an unofficial new years resolution about wearing more colors, in THIS post – and I must say that so far, I’m keeping the resolution quite […]